Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Grey X Pillow Cover

Grey X Pillow Cover

Started, or restarted a new pillow cover. I have had scraps that I have been piecing together for a while. Finally, I decided to use them for a pillow cover. An entire quilt of tiny scraps just seemed a bit much. I took some Kona Coal that would be the main part of the pillow. I pieced a strip of about 24" long of grey and blue scraps. The original width of the scrap strip was about 2.75". I then sliced it in half. 
The original plan was just to cut out a square for the pillow cover, slice it diagonally, sew the strip in and then repeat. That looked a bit plain. So, I pulled out some Kona Ash and attached a 1 inch wide piece to each side of the strip. That seemed to work better.



The strip on the bottom is tucked underneath the 2 cut pieces of the square. The top strip is just laid over the other, thus the difference in the width.
I am toying around with several different ideas for the quilting. May combine some free motion with straight line, walking foot quilting in different sections. Please let me know what you think.

Will share on August 6, 2014 on:

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

2 comments:

  1. The second scrappy cross I have seen today! I am really loving the concept! Am pinning this for future inspiration - thanks for sharing, and good luck with putting the pillow together! I recently quilted a few projects with organic straight lines and have received lots of compliments for the look of it so I think that is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. These are so much fun. I am going to work on it this weekend. I know that at least some of will be some straight lines. Stay tuned for the finish. Thanks for pinning!!!
      All the Best,
      Ellen

      Delete