Saturday, August 30, 2014

Wonky Pillow

Wonky Pillow

I have had this QAYG (quilt as you go) piece started for a long time. I had a basket of scraps that I would dive into from time to time and do a row or two. It really never grew any bigger than about 7-8 inches. I decided I would finish it off with a different technique. MORE McTavishing!!!! on a large neutral border.

Well, when I did the FMQ on the border, it shrank more than the middle, so the middle was kinda, well,,,, puffy...Hmmmm... ok, I will do some stuffing, like trumputo in that part. It worked out fairly well.


 
I layered the top and the back of the pillow wrong sides together, basted it. then bound it like a quilt. It measures 15" square




Sharing on 

Finish it up Friday 
On

Crazy Mom Quilts




Let me know what you think!

9 comments:

  1. Very nice - I love the look of McTavishing. Another thing on my "must try" list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It comes pretty easily once you start!!.

      Delete
  2. Very nice and very clever of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am so excited when I receive comments. I have followed you on bloglovin. Would love for you to follow me.

      Delete
  3. The binding finishes it off so nicely. I should really start binding my pillows. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, I follow your blog and LOVE it!! I appreciate you coming by and commenting.

      Delete
  4. I really love wonky log cabins for some reason. Your FMQ looks lovely! This makes a great pillow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laney. I checked out your blog and we are artsy sistas :). Followed you on Bloglovin and I love followers. Thank you for your comment.

      Delete