Sunday, August 23, 2015

Big Block FINISH!


Big Block Finish

This will be on my office wall tomorrow!!

Yes, it is an adaptation of the Swoon Block. 
The finished piece measures 36 x 36". 

Update 9/5/15: This piece was the Friday Feature on Sew Can She
This is what the Lovely Caroline wrote about your humble (?) quilt maker.

"Friday Spotlight: A Glorious Sunburst Mini Quilt

September 4, 2015

It's time to announce the winner of this weeks Show Off Saturday linky party!

This Glorious Sunburst Mini Quilt comes from Georgia Florida Studio and is absolutely inspiring..."

http://www.sewcanshe.com/blog/2015/9/3/friday-spotlight-a-glorious-sunburst-mini-quilt



I am excited. Like everyone says, "It isn't perfect but it's finished!". I will give it a final pressing in a few minutes; roll it up and put it in my car. 

Some other views. 



 Upper left and lower right are quilted in a radiating pattern. Upper right and lower left are (sorry Jacqui Gehring) "matchstick" quilted in a L pattern. One quarter inch apart. 

If you are into the Modern Quilting Movement, Jacqui of Tallgrass Prarie Studiois one of the founders and Superstars. Matchstick quilting is one of her signature styles. I am taking her Craftsy class on Creative Quilting With A Walking Foot. I highly recommend the class. I am not up to her skill level but it worked out. 


 It has rained so much here that I was sinking to my ankles in the back yard!


6 comments:

  1. I love your color selections for this quilt. I too have taken Jacque's class. I love her sothing patient style. Send some of that rain to my area. It seems to pass us by all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooooove this! It will look great as a wall hanging. I am definitely putting a large block quilt on my make list! I haven't taken that craftsy class but keep hearing about it. Considering I only know how to quilt with a walking foot, I ought to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so inspiring. I want to make a GGGGIANT Swoon quilt using a Layer Cake! 10 inch squares with a neutral background. Scrappy for sure. But what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so lovely! I wish I had a mini of it for my cubicle at work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunning quilt, with a great colour scheme, Ellen.

    ReplyDelete