Sunday, August 9, 2015

Bucket Bag


Bucket Bag

I love sewing bags but sometimes they don't turn out as well as I would like. Not "sew" with my new "Bonnie" bag from Swoon Patterns. Alicia Miller is a wonderful designer that makes very user friendly patterns that make sense. There are also tutorials on the blog page on her site. 

There is also a strong, active Facebook group Swoon Patterns Group with over 10,000 members that are always willing to help. A lot of inspiration there also. 

The vinyl is from Joann. The fabric is an outdoor print and a tone on tone green stripe, also from Joann.

You can make the welt pocket with or without a zipper. I chose to make it with. I added a couple of extra pockets to the lining for convenience. 

August 16, 2015 this bag has been featured on:

Threading My Way Features


Threading My Way_Featured





 Shared on 
Threading My Way ongoing Linky Party, bags and purses

Finish it Up Friday on Crazy Mom Quilts

7 comments:

  1. Um... WOW! What a gorgeous bag, Ellen. Love the use of the embroidery on the vinyl. And the combination of the two fabrics for the bag. Such a handsome finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lorna. Coming from you that means a lot.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful bag, Ellen. I love the large floral paired with the vinyl. Adding the embroidery finishes it off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words and the feature!! Love hearing from you!

      Delete
  3. I've never seen stitching like that on the leather -- it's beautiful! Great bag, Ellen! Beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just select a design that is not too dense and you are good to go!!. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete